Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Cambodian Procession

Today after bicycling to the Killing Fields of Choeung Ek 15km outside of Phnom Penh, I decided to continue on biking and explore some of the neighboring villages. The choice lead to one of the most fun and rewarding experiences of the whole trip. As I rode through the villages, not only did people give me a friendly wave and smile, but the children began to join me in my journey. Little girls and boys ran beside my bike as older teenagers jumped on their own cycles and formed a train. We laughed our way around homes and chanted our way through rice fields. It was an afternoon that I, and surely those kids too, will cherish for a long time.

Pictures from today and the final pictures from Vietnam (Saigon, Cu Chi Tunnels) are now up.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds amazing.....almost like a scene from a movie :)

    ReplyDelete